Sunday 31 March 2013

Pieces Done Recently- January 2013 onwards

I thought I get around to sharing some of the other pieces I have worked on during this year. The above image was based on a exercise, in which I felt the object, but didn't see what the object was. My guess was correct, but I was able to illustrate the description of these cookie cutters in a conceptual way.



These images were done off-the-cuff back in January, based on a negative experience of packing for a popular toy company that have a local warehouse. I written a piece about the experience which uses the notion that I was 'orchestrated by red-tape'. So I guess it was natural to revisit this striking imagery of myself, as a puppet, with red tape as my strings. I loved how it came out.
I loved how this image came out during an exercise done this month. Think Akira Kurosawa (Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Rashamon) meets Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Dexter's Lab), as I created this samurai illustration.

No comments: