Thursday 9 June 2022

90 Minute Art Challenge- Roger Deakins Movie Still Studies

 If you like cinema, then cinematographer Roger Deakins should be on your mind when you discuss cinematography from the past several decades. So this movie still study was right up my street, probably for guessing where the film stills came from rather than drawing them live. 


In saying that, I quite like the sequential nature of doing 1-minute, 2-minute, and 5-minute studies. Some of those pages, without the film quizzing context, look like pages from a graphic novel. And, of course, I learnt a few more Deakins films at the end of the process and even reminded me of certain movie memories, such as watching Dead Man Walking whilst doing Religious Studies at school.

It is going to be hard to choose one image for my general social media post. I like what I've learnt doing this being aired live, even if it's just finding a few more films to watch- let's see what's on Netflix of late. 

 












No comments: