Tuesday 21 June 2022

Danny Phantom Style Faces Attempt

 Well, this is something different. Just received an email from Stephen Silver's Drawing Academy, and they plugged in a recent video about Silver's approach to designing characters from the TV show, Danny Phantom. I watched it and decided to give this approach to faces a go. As I'm not really part of the 'phandom', I can see more 'Ed, Edd, and Eddy' than that show in my attempt. I was also trying some new art pens. The colours aren't that varied for skin tones, but I can see myself toying with them on and off, rather than for 'professional use'. That and the bleed with my black Copic markers isn't too good, but at least it doesn't bleed to other pages in this 160 gsm pad.   

I also quite like the colours when they bled on the other side of the pages. I might ink these just to see if they make better faces that way around. 



No comments: