Saturday 21 August 2010

Post a Drawing Every Day- Day 20- Riot Police Officer and Dog Cartoon Illustration

It's been 20 days since I have participated in this group...
Cartoon Illustration
...and this was the best I can come up with! Original based off a loose pencil squiggle, this imaginative drawing depicts an angry riot police officer, with an angry dog. Why are they both angry? I've no idea!

When I was recommended to focus on pencil drawings, I didn't think I would be going back to colour pencils- I stumbled on two water colour pencil whilst trying to find some other pencils on my desk. And now my drawings looks like I have no concept of colouring with pencils, which seems a far cry from the digital colourings of my inked work. As this was from imagination, I had problems with drawing that dog- not really an animal person, I suppose- as I wasn't sure how that mutt was going to look like. At least I like the expression on the dog's face, even if the face looks a bit too flat for my liking. The riot police officer went okay, even thou I had no idea on how to depict his body armour.

Overall, I hopefully will be able to improve my pencilling skills, from this primitive state, in future works.

No comments: