Tuesday 24 August 2010

Post a Drawing Every Day- Day 23- Drawing Tutorials from Loomis' book

One of the main text I was recommend to improve the basics in drawing was this Loomis book. So I got around to doing some of the first few exercises from the book.

I won't discuss the methodology going on here because it's self explanatory when you read the first batch of pages. It took me a while to get accustomed to Loomis' approaches, particularly those methods to drawing heads with further details attached to their cranium 'balls'. I took me a while to drawing just basic shapes, which gave me an impression of trying to draw the buildings in Noddy's Toy Town- made of building blocks, for those that aren't aware of Noddy.  But when it came to apply my own take on character faces, from the instructed method, it might stick with me. But that will have to wait for another day for this drawing lesson to really sink in, I guess.

No comments: