Sunday 29 August 2010

Post a Drawing Every Day- Day 28- Work in Progess Illustration of 'A Volcanic Mining Facility Run by a Race of Salamander People

I have been mostly working on an art jam to depict this description: "A Volcanic Mining Facility Run by a Race of Salamander People"
Initial Sketches
 So after some research, I had an idea of what I wanted to do, so I sketched these ideas out.
After doing these pencil sketches, I had an idea of what to do for the final piece.
Work in Progress Illustration
I decided to apply some block colouring, and also extract some pencil sketches to get some definition- this is kind of similar to what I was trying to do for an earlier piece, only without inking anything this time around. As I was also trying to extract certain drawings from certain sketches, I made myself into a conundrum about trying to achieve this for most characters, and objects, used in the piece. I also haven't had time to toy with texturing, or lighting, as I want to place down all the important elements in place. I should have some time tomorrow to do a more polished piece.

No comments: