Wednesday 4 August 2010

Post a Drawing Every Day- Day 3- Concept Sketches for Roy Scheider Fan Art

Inspired by discovering an obituary I wrote for the paper, the PTO, over 2 years ago , I wanted to try a piece that involved characters all portrayed by one actor.
Early Concept Sketch- Pencil and Ink

So here is a rough pencil sketch featuring a character played by Roy Scheider. I had to tweak this drawing in Photoshop to pick up the actual pencil marks for this starter sketch.
Pencil sketch
So here is a pencil sketch featuring characters played by Roy Scheider (From left to right: Seaquest DSV; Jaws; and The French Connection)
This is probably my favourite piece, mainly for the expression on The French Connection character's face.
Pencil Sketch
 So here is another pencil sketch, this time featuring a character played by Roy Scheider- his character from Seaquest DSV. I wasn't sure whether his character had a beard or not- it was awkward to work out when Googling for images for his character. But at least the pose is how I wanted that character to react in the future finalised piece.
Pencil sketch
So this is the final pencil sketch featuring characters played by Roy Scheider (From left to right: Seaquest DSV; Jaws; and The French Connection)
This was drawn onto an A4 landscape, but I wasn't happy with the outcome of how the two characters appear on the left . I had to tweak this drawing, as well, in Photoshop to pick up the actual pencil marks, just to pick on the detail of those two characters.
I might revisit this concept, using digital techniques to make the final piece.

No comments: